Link to Transportation Opt-In Form
Please sign up for transportation prior to July 10th in order to ensure your child has transportation on the first day of school.
Transporation Information 2018-2019 School Year
ALL STUDENTS MUST BE AT THE BUS STOP AND IN THEIR DESIGNATED "PLACE OF SAFETY" TEN (10) MINUTES BEFORE BUS IS SCHEDULED TO ARRIVE (Ohio Administrative Code 3301-83-13), REGARDLESS OF WEATHER.
ALL STUDENTS MUST HAVE AN AUTHORIZED BUS STOP LOCATION. THEY CANNOT GET ON OR BE DISCHARGED AT A DIFFERENT STOP. If they miss the bus, you must transport them to school. Please do not follow the bus and try to have your student put on or released from the bus.
- Preschool through second (2nd) grade- A parent/guardian must be at the designated bus stop at pick up and drop off time. If no parent/guardian is at the drop off location the driver will not let the student off the bus.
- Parent/Guardians are responsible for the safety of their child while going to or coming from the bus stop and while waiting at the bus stop.
- It is the State Law that while unloading the bus the child must proceed to the their place of safety and stay there until the bus leaves.
- Remember that 20 steps around the bus is known as the "DANGER ZONE". The driver cannot see students or parents within that area.
- Students must get on and off at their assigned stop locations.
- If you are planning on moving, please contact the Transportation Office at least 3 days prior to the move to give ample time to process new stop locations and bus times.
- It is the responsibility of the parent/guardian, not the school, to solve temporary scheduling problems by arranging rides or supervision with relatives or neighbors. Daily requests are very difficult to process and an error can result in a child arriving somewhere they are not expected.
- Students will have only one pick-up and drop-off location. Due to childcare and work schedules, the pick-up and drop-off locations may be different.
- Emergency requests for bus route changes will only be approved in family emergency situations and only if the transportation office is notified in writing and the alternative stop is available on a current route. These requests must be received by the Transportation office by 12:00 PM on the day they are needed.
SCHOOL BUS TRANSPORTATION EXPECTATIONS
Inappropriate behavior will be documented and severe or repeated offenses may/shall result in displinary consequences, including bus suspension. The Driver is in charge of the bus and its occupants at all times. Students on the bus are to comply with bus and school rules. Audio and video cameras are utilized on all district transportation and will be reviewed while investigating student discipline.