Winter weather has returned to Southwest Ohio and Greeneview has been impacted by numerous delays and cancellations as of January 19th. Recently, a Xenia Gazette article outlined the impact of the cold, snow, and ice on public instruction.
Several significant changes were made to the District calendar in response to these school disruptions. An updated calendar can be found on the District website under District Information or with this link: REVISED CALENDAR FILE. Details of the changes are found below.
- The planned 2-hour early release for January 31st has been cancelled. Students and staff will attend for a full day of instruction on the 31st.
- Two errors listed on earlier calendars have been corrected:
- March 21st is a scheduled 2-hour early release for students. It originally was listed incorrectly as March 28.
- May 14th is a scheduled day for non-attendance. It was originally listed incorrectly as May 11.
The following information is meant as a clarification and reminder for how and when days will be made up. This is not a revision, just a clarification for what is listed on the calendar.
- We will not make up the first five (5) cancelled school days.
- We will make up days of school if we cancel more than five (5) days.
- Calamity days 6 through 9 will be made up with full days of instruction.
- We have set aside February 19, May 4, May 14, and May 25 as make-up days.
- Anything after 9 will only be made up if we fall below the minimum number of hours of instruction. Those days would be added to the end of the school calendar.
- All delays and early releases count towards the total amount of school missed and hours of instruction calculation, but not towards the calamity day calculations listed above.
If you have any question regarding this information, please contact the Board of Education office for clarification.