Greeneview High School
Graduating Class of 2020
The Class of 2020 will leave a lasting legacy on the Jamestown and Greeneview community. We have dedicated this page to celebrate the graduates and to share information on our plans for a graduation ceremony.
The following photos and bios will be featured in the 2020 Rambler yearbook and have been shared publicly as a celebration this spring.
Senior Awards and Scholarships
The senior awards ceremony will not take place this spring. Awards and scholarships will be presented to students on May 13th and 14th and read aloud during the graduation recording.
President's Award of Academic Excellence Recipients
Diploma with Honors
Planning for Virtual Graduation Ceremony
The Ohio Department of Education and Governor DeWine have issued guidance on in-person graduation ceremonies during the COVID-19 pandemic. While we hold out hope for a more traditional graduation in person in the future, we must plan for a virtual graduation that honors and celebrates the accomplishments of the Class of 2020 and satisfies the requirements of social distancing. The following plan has been established for our virtual graduation ceremony.
- Student speeches and presentation of diplomas to students will take place on May 13th and May 14th at GHS.
- Seniors will have a dedicated time slot and can be accompanied by their parents/guardians
- Please adhere to social distancing requirements and wear masks while you are in the building.
- Students who participate in the graduation recording will receive 1 ticket per graduate for entrance into the drive-in graduation planned for May 20th at 8:30 PM in the GHS Parking Lot.
- A FunFlicks drive-in screen has been rented so graduates and their families can watch the graduation video, with sound playing through an FM radio station.
- Following the video, we will plan on a parade through Jamestown
- If you are unable to attend the drive-in, we will release the video on Greeneview's YouTube page https://www.youtube.com/user/GreeneviewLSD/videos
Graduation ceremony presentation will take place May 20th at 8:30pm in the High School parking lot.
- Drive-In Movie. The screen will be at GHS, in the student parking lot by the tennis courts. This is a portable screen and not nearly as large as one at a real Drive-In. That is why we can only have one car per graduate. Graduates who participated in the recording last week received one ticket for entrance into the parking lot. The parking lot will open at 7:45pm on Wednesday.
- There will be one entry point into this area. Have the ticket you were given at the filming ready to show. Based on the height of your vehicle you will be directed to one of three "levels" in the parking lot. To keep from blocking the view of the vehicles the taller the vehicle the further back the lot you will have to park. The sound will be broadcast through your FM radio dial on 90.7. Please note. the high school building will not be open. Therefore, there are no restroom facilities available.
- It is also available on YouTube. The ceremony will be available on the Greeneview LSD YouTube channel at 8:30pm on Wednesday. This will allow extended family and friends to watch at the same time as the Drive-In. You could also choose to have a gathering (within all the boundaries required, of course) at home and watch the graduation in the comfort and safety of your own home. Like the last 5 graduation ceremonies, this ceremony will remain on the channel permanently. https://www.youtube.com/user/GreeneviewLSD/videos
By Greene County Health Department guidelines everyone must remain in the vehicle. The graduation ceremony must comply with guidelines established by the Department of Health for gatherings and parades. We are working to make this event as memorable as possible and we ask for your cooperation in keeping everyone safe.
Overflow Parking in Student Lot closest to the main entrance:
This lot will be open for anyone who does not have a ticket. However, you will have limited visibility of the screen. "Greeneview Guest" wi-fi is available in the parking lot, but we cannot guarantee how reliable that will be if multiple devices are streaming at one time.
At the conclusion of the movie and the moving of the tassel, a vehicle parade will begin for seniors and their families. We will leave the parking lot and turn left onto Cottonville, left onto Waynesville-Jamestown, right onto Washington, and left onto Limestone. The parade ends in front of Greeneview Elementary. Special thanks to Chief Tyree and Lt. Bryan of the Jamestown PD for escorting the parade.