Greene County was elevated to Red on the Ohio Public Health Advisory System on Thursday, October 15th. This warning system indicates that there is a high incidence of the virus present in our county. This system was designed as a data source to provide residents with access to data to indicate the prevalence in our communities. Greene County has issued this Level 3 Red Guidance.
To date, our school district has only had three cases of COVID-19 in our buildings. As each case has come to light we have worked with public health officials to quarantine the staff and students that were in close contact with the positive individuals. We are please to report that we have not see any secondary spread from those three cases. Our staff and students have done an excellent job of enforcing and complying with our Health and Safety Protocols and we believe those have been successful at slowing the spread.
In our correspondence with Greene County Public Health they do not believe that we are seeing a significant spread in our school system and they believe there is no reason for us to change our current educational delivery model. The virus is more prevalent in Greene County, and it is present in Jamestown, but the data does not support a shift at this time. We will continue to monitor the situation in Jamestown and consult with the Greene County Public Health. Some schools in Greene County are changing their delivery model this week, but we believe this decision is best made at a local level and our current data does not support a change.
If we experience an increase in our community, please recall that we developed two options for alternative programming. We will do all we can to give as much advance notice as possible if we will be shifting to one of these models.
- Hybrid Learning: Students would attend in-person 50% of the time and do remote learning 50% of the time. This would allow us to reduce the amount of students present in our buildings on each day, increasing our social distancing.
- Students with last name beginning with A-J will be BLUE and will attend on Tuesday and Thursday
- Students with last name beginning with K-Z will be RED and will attend on Wednesday and Friday
- Monday will be used for remediation, enrichment, and support services by appointment.
- Remote Learning: Students would continue their school remotely for 100% of the time. Students would follow their daily schedules and staff would utilize Google Classroom to instruct while the students remain at home.